Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Becoming a Personal Trainer?

I am a bit of a health nut, I like reading about nutrition and exercise and I think I know a good bit more than the average man about fitness. Whenever my friends and family bring up exercising or loosing weight, I always end up explaining my understanding of it all. Whether I am right or a little bit wrong, I enjoy talking about the subect. I also love to work out and stay in shape, looking good is just a perk.

I went to college to major in business and I lost the my motivation so I dropped out and began doing odds and ends. I think all the tme what I want to do with my life, as a career. People ask me if I plan on going back to college and I always so probably not unless I can study something I am interested in. Fitness and exercise is something I am interested in and a subject that I would enjoy studying. I actually study it often on my own accord, reading books and reading on the internet about fitness and nutrition.

The other day I was talking with my mother and she was asking me to help her get on a diet and exercise program (she asks often but never goes through with it). Somehow she or my sister said something like "Why don't you be a personal trainer for a living?" My mind lit up! So then I explained how I have talked about doing that if I ever did go back to college and my mother thought it was a good idea.

So now I am looking into getting a personal trainer certification and going back to college and studying Exercise Science. If I do go through with it, I believe it would be something I would enjoy doing. Besides, if I didn't enjoy it, it wouldn't be hard to get out of it and into something else if a better opportunity came along.

No comments: