Sunday, May 17, 2009

Building your own house!

Have you ever thought about building your own house?

Think about it.... When most young couples buy a house they finance it for many many years, they will be paying for their house almost until the day they retire. Most house payments around the Southeast are in the $1000 a month range. Also, the first ten years of payments on a house are generally just enough to pay the interest off, so until the eleventh year people are just now paying for the actual house! It's so difficult to imagine, but it's true.

I have putting alot of thought into building my own house one day. There are alot of different things that I want my house to be.
-energy efficient- solar panels, excellent insullation, lots of natural light, LED light fixtures, and many more "green" things
-designed with future additions to the house in mind
-modern looking

I love the thought of not having a house payment every month, have low or no utility bills, the satisfaction of building my own house. I am a carpenter and I am capapble of building a house on my own right now. But like most people, money is a current issue but things can be done about that!

No comments: